Saturday, October 10, 2009

Christmas Cheer

I love these two sets together!! I am making this for my Christmas card this year. I saw some ideas somewhat like this on www.splitcoaststampers.com. I took a few ideas and made it my own.









I embossed the "Happy Christmas" stamp with black embossing powder and colored it in with ink refills and aqua painters.
For the background I used glossy white paper. I sprayed it with water from a water bottle. Make sure the paper is "dripping" with water. I used a plastic plate to put my ink from ink refills in. I used a sponge to dab the colors on the paper. It will create the blended background as you see here.
After letting that dry (it takes about an hour or so depending on the temperature) I stamped the trees from Scenic Seasons stamp set. I traced the "ground" with my tombow multipurpose glue and sprinkled dazzling diamonds glitter.
I then sponged on versamark ink and used heat and stick powder with iridescent ice embossing powder to make the background sparkle.

Stamps: Good Cheer, Scenic Season
Ink: Garden Green, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Versamark, Creamy Carmel, Basic Black
Ink Refills: Melon Mombo, Soft Suede, Crushed Curry
Paper: Glossy White, Whisper White, Soft Suede
Accessories: Black embossing powder, Dazzling diamonds glitter, Iridescent ice embossing powder, Rhinestone brads, Gold ribbon, Hemp twine

To purchase any of these supplies, please visit my Web site at www.kimhamerlinck.stampinup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment